The U.S. Embassy in Iraq’s Trade and Investment Team is dedicated to strengthening commercial ties between Iraq and the United States. Through a formal partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce Foreign Commercial Service (USFCS), we offer trade promotion assistance to both American and Iraqi companies through a variety of programs and services with the primary goals of promoting U.S. goods and services for export to Iraq. We also help Iraqi businesses source American products, technologies, and services.
Services for U.S firms:
- Advise U.S. companies on market opportunities, regulations, and business climate in Iraq.
- Assist U.S. companies in locating agents and distributors in Iraq.
- Conduct market research targeted to the needs of U.S. companies.
- Promote the sale of U.S. products and services through trade missions and commercial advocacy.
- Address barriers to trade and investment with the government of Iraq.
- Assist U.S. firms to understand processes for resolving investment and commercial disputes.
Our assistance to prospective Iraqi customers and partners:
- Assist Iraqi companies in locating suppliers of goods and services in the United States.
- Coordinate delegations of Iraq business leaders to trade shows in the United States.
- Facilitate discussions on obtaining franchise agreements with U.S. brands.
We strongly encourage U.S.-based companies to initiate services with us by first contacting and registering with a local Export Assistance Center (USEAC). You can locate your nearest USEAC office at https://2016.export.gov/eac/, and contact them directly for an appointment.
For more information, please email us at USIraqTrade@state.gov.
We look forward to hearing from you!