COVID 19 Information – Specific to the Iraqi Kurdistan Region (IKR):
- Click here for the latest COVID-19 information: https://tinyurl.com/ydy9xwgp
- For the latest health alert, please click here: https://tinyurl.com/y8kmbq63
- Movement between provinces and governorates within the IKR is prohibited. Movements by security vehicles and ambulances will be permitted.
- Permission for necessary movements between provinces can be requested from the KRG Ministry of Interior via the Ministry’s website.
- Local authorities within provinces and governorates may impose additional restrictions based on local conditions.
- Scheduled flights at the Erbil International Airport and the Sulaimaniya International Airport are suspended through July 22, 2020.
- All border crossings are closed to visitors.
- As the situation is changing rapidly, all travelers entering the Kurdistan region, regardless of previous travel, should be aware they could be subject to screening and restrictions upon arrival at the direction of the regional health department, including being quarantined at a facility and for a duration mandated by the regional health department.
Consulate General Erbil serves the four provinces of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq: Erbil, Sulaimaniya, Duhok and Halabja. The Consulate General consists of an executive office headed by the Consul General and sections covering political affairs, economic affairs, public diplomacy, rule of law, management, and security. Co-located with the U.S. Consulate General is the USAID office serving the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.
Consulate General Erbil is located in the Ankawa suburb of Erbil, on the Erbil Road next to the Police Station and opposite the Chaldean Cultural Center.
Consulate General hours are Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 to 17:00. The Consulate General is closed on all American and most Iraqi holidays. Visitors to the Consulate General are admitted by appointment.