COVID 19 Information – Specific to the Iraqi Kurdistan Region (IKR):
- Click here for the latest COVID-19 information: https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information
- Flights at the Erbil International Airport and the Sulaimaniya International Airport are suspended until March 28.
- Authorities extended a curfew substantially restricting movements throughout the Kurdistan Region, through midnight on April 1. Per limited exceptions, businesses such as markets, bakeries, and pharmacies can remain open.
- As the situation is changing rapidly, all travelers entering the Kurdistan region, regardless of previous travel, should be aware they could be subject to screening and restrictions upon arrival at the direction of the regional health department, including being quarantined at a facility mandated by the regional health department.
- Entry to the Kurdistan Region from other parts of Iraq is prohibited.
Consulate General Erbil serves the four provinces of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq: Dohuk, Erbil, Halabja and Sulaimaniya. The Consulate General consists of an executive office headed by the Consul General and sections covering political affairs, economic affairs, public diplomacy, rule of law, management, and security. Co-located with the U.S. Consulate General is the USAID office serving the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.
Consulate General Erbil is located in the Ankawa suburb of Erbil, on the Erbil Road next to the Police Station and opposite the Chaldean Cultural Center.
Consulate General hours are Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 to 17:00. The Consulate General is closed on all American and most Iraqi holidays. Visitors to the Consulate General are admitted by appointment.