Public hours for American Citizen Services are Monday and Wednesday,1:00 pm to 3:00 pm by appointment only. We are closed on U.S. and Iraqi holidays.
Click here to make an appointment.
Please note that on the day of your appointment if you are ill or have a contagious ailment, you should use the appointment link to reschedule your appointment.
If you have an emergency involving an American Citizen (such as death, serious injury, abduction, or imminent threat to safety), please phone us at one of the numbers listed below.
- During business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday through Thursday (local Erbil time is eight hours ahead of EST and seven hours ahead during EDT)
- From Iraq: 066-211-4554
- From the United States: 240-264-3467 and then extension 4554
- After hours emergencies and on weekends (Friday, Saturday & Holidays):
- From Iraq: 066-211-4000 and ask to speak with the Duty Officer
- From the United States: 240-264-3467 and ask to speak with the Duty Officer
The Consular Section does not accept phone calls regarding visa cases. If you have questions about a visa to the United States, please visit our visa page.
The Consular Section accepts cash (USD) only for payment of passport, citizenship and notary service fees.