Welcome to the U.S. Mission in Iraq
The U.S. Mission in Iraq is seeking to attract the highest caliber and best qualified employees. Interested applicants should review each vacancy announcement thoroughly to ensure that their qualifications meet all the requirements.
Our positions are posted on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) webpage powered by Monster.com. To apply for a position, click on the position title and fill out the online application. You must be logged into your account on ERA to apply. If you need to create an account, click on “Create an Account” on the ERA webpage. Only applications submitted via the ERA will be accepted.
Before you continue with the application process, please read below:
- Please carefully read the Job Applicant User Guide (PDF 1.56 MB) and PowerPoint with Narration (PPT 12.1 MB).
- Please read the entire vacancy announcement and make sure that you meet all of the eligibility and qualification requirements.
- You will need the information and documents related to your work experience, education, work or residency permits, and contact details readily available to submit the online application.
- Review the ‘Eight Qualities of Embassy Employees’ (PDF 183 KB). These qualities are essential for being a successful member of the Mission Iraq.
- Positions advertised to “All Interested Candidates” are open to all candidates who are Iraqi citizens or have the required residency permit/s for employment in Iraq.
- If the job announcement states that the position vacancy is open to “USEFMs” or “Current Employees of the Mission, U.S. citizen EFMs, EFMs, and MOH – all agencies”, then you MUST be a current U.S. Mission employee or eligible family member (EFM) or Member of Household (MOH) to apply. Other applicants will not be considered for these positions. For an overview of the terms (EFM/MOH/OR/NOR) and their definitions, please see: Definitions (PDF 148 KB).
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
The U.S. Mission in Iraq provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The U.S. Mission Iraq also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. Both men and women are encouraged to apply for our advertised positions.
All information candidates provide through the ERA will be treated confidentially to establish candidates’ eligibility and qualifications and will not be disclosed to any external party. By filling out the on-line application form, candidates commit to being trustworthy as to all the information therein provided and are aware that any false statement will result in being excluded from the selection process, or may be grounds for termination after being hired to the position.