If you have emergency travel based on medical treatment or illness or death in the family, please send an email to ErbilNIV@state.gov or BaghdadNIV@state.gov with the subject ‘Emergency Travel.’ In the email, you must include the following:
- A letter from the hospital or doctor in the United States explaining the situation and why the trip to the United States is necessary. If treatment in the U.S. is necessary, the letter should include the date and duration of treatment as well as the estimated cost.
- In the case of treatment in the United States, the applicant’s local doctor should submit a letter with the applicant’s diagnosis and an explanation why treatment cannot be performed in Iraq.
- If your immediate family member in the United States is ill or has passed away, please send information about the situation from the doctor in the United States.
- A copy of each applicant’s DS-160 Confirmation page (CEAC)
- A copy of your passport data page. The passport must have at least six months of validity remaining after your planned date of entry.