An official website of the United States government

First U.S. Passport (Age 16 and older)

All first-time passport applicants must appear in person.

If you are a U.S. citizen, age 16 or older, and you have never been issued a U.S. passport, you may apply by submitting the following items:

  • Original proof of citizenship (e.g. a U.S. birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Certificate of Naturalization, or a Certificate of Citizenship); and
  • One valid form of photo identification (e.g. foreign passport, driver’s license, military ID, etc.); and
  • One passport photograph; and
  • Completed Form DS-11; and
  •  Fee according to Fee Schedule, payable in U.S. Dollars, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, Diners Club, or Discover).

American Citizen Services are available by appointment only.

For Erbil: Please click here to make an appointment.

If you wish to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for your child, you must contact BAGHDADACS@state.gov or  ErbilACS@State.govDo not make an appointment for a passport or you will be turned away.