Contact Us in Baghdad
Please direct all commercial inquiries to U.S. Embassy Iraq’s Trade and Investment team at USIraqTrade@state.gov.
The Trade and Investment Team at the U.S. Embassy in Iraq is dedicated to strengthening commercial ties between Iraq and the United States. We are a part of the Department of State, operating in partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce Foreign Commercial Service (USFCS) which allows us to provide a variety of services.
For Iraqi firms wishing to do business with U.S. firms or invest in the United States, we can:
- Support Iraqi investor participation in the annual SelectUSA conference.
- Coordinate delegations of Iraq business leaders to attend trade shows in the United States.
- Facilitate discussions on obtaining franchise agreements with U.S. brands.
Why Invest in the United States?
The United States is a market without parallel. The United States is the world’s largest economy and has the world’s third-largest population. With a gross domestic product of more than USD 19 trillion, a per capita GDP of more than USD 59,000, and more than 325 million U.S. consumers, the U.S. market is highly diverse in consumer tastes, income, and national origin. Trends in global consumer markets often start in the United States, and brands are not considered truly global until they penetrate the U.S. market.
Opportunities abound. We’re ready to help.
How to Get Started – Investing
- Please visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA is a U.S. government-wide program led by the Department of Commerce, charged with facilitating foreign direct investment in the United States. Since its inception, SelectUSA has facilitated nearly US$46 billion in investment.
On their webpage you will find:
- Summaries and links to federal programs, incentives, resources, and tools relevant to business start-up and operation in the United States.
- Links to information on opportunities in U.S. states, cities, counties, and regions FDI Promotion Agencies.
- Promotional material about the SelectUSA Investment Summit held in the United States, normally held each June.
- Visit the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) website to find information on starting and managing a small to medium size business (SME) in the U.S. Among other important topics to SMEs, the website provides information on legal, taxation, licensing, and funding issues in the United States.
How to Get Started – Buying from the United States
- To inquire about participating in an Iraqi delegation to an International Buyers Program, please contact us at USIraqTrade@state.gov.
For all general inquiries about U.S. Embassy trade events or working with U.S. companies, please contact us at USIraqTrade@state.gov. We look forward to hearing from you!