The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
On June 8, the Government of Iraq extended the suspension on scheduled flights to and from Iraq through June 13. This may be extended.
Please note that regularly scheduled commercial flights will be cancelled during the flight suspension. Qatar Airways has previously offered occasional special charter flights when granted permission from Iraqi authorities. These flights are not organized by the Embassy; however, we will send out updated messages when we become aware of any special charter. For more information, please visit www.QatarAirways.com. Future regularly scheduled flights may be available for booking but could be subject to cancellation by the airline company if the flight suspension is extended by Iraqi authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter