Health Alert: Flight Information, U.S. Embassy Baghdad, July 1, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
On June 30, the Government of Iraq extended the suspension on scheduled flights to and from Iraq through July 2. This may be extended.
Qatar Airways is offering a special flight on July 5 from Baghdad (QR7472). At this time, we do not know yet when the next flight from Erbil will occur. These special flights are not organized by the Embassy or Consulate. For more information and to book a ticket, please visit www.QatarAirways.com. Please note that regularly scheduled commercial flights will be cancelled during the flight suspension. Future regularly scheduled flights may appear available for booking but could be subject to cancellation by the airline if the flight suspension is further extended by Iraqi authorities.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
· American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
· State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
· Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates