The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
On June 8, the Government of Iraq extended the suspension on scheduled flights to and from Iraq through June 13.
Qatar Airways is offering one special flight (QR 7472) from Erbil on June 12. This flight is not organized by the Consulate. For more information and to book a ticket, please visit www.QatarAirways.com.
Travelers are responsible for their transportation to the airport. The Consulate has requested citizens be permitted to travel to the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter