Health Alert: Flight Suspension Extended, U.S. Embassy Baghdad, April 24, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
The Government of Iraq extended the suspension on all flights through 8:00 p.m. on May 22.
U.S. citizens located in Iraq should be prepared to shelter in place until commercial flights resume. If flight options do become available, those registered for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program will be alerted. The Embassy will continue to update its website with the latest information on Iraqi restrictions related to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter