The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
Due to COVID-19, many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil are working to identify options to support U.S. citizens who would like to depart Iraq.
If you have not already done so, U.S. citizens who would like to depart Iraq on the next available commercial flight opportunity should email either ErbilACS@state.gov if you are located in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region or BaghdadACS@state.gov for U.S. citizens located elsewhere in Iraq. Please include the following information for all travelers in your email:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- City where you are currently located
Please do not contact the Consulate by phone to confirm your email has been received, we will reply when we have your information.
Please note that the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad remains closed for public services. U.S. citizens in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region who need emergency services can contact ErbilACS@state.gov. U.S. citizens elsewhere in Iraq should contact BaghdadACS@state.gov for emergency assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter