Health Alert: New Curfew Hours, U.S. Embassy Baghdad, April 21, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
The Government of Iraq announced new curfew hours. Through May 22, 2020, curfew will be from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays. The current suspension on all flights is set to expire at 8:00 p.m. on April 24. Travelers should be prepared that both could be extended.
The U.S. Embassy is not arranging special flights at this time. U.S. citizens located in Iraq should be prepared to shelter in place until commercial flights resume. The Embassy will continue to update its website with the latest information on Iraqi restrictions related to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter