Health Alert: New Curfew Hours, U.S. Embassy Baghdad, May 21, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
On May 20, the Government of Iraq announced a 24-hour curfew over the Eid al-Fitr holiday which will be in effect from 5:00 p.m. on May 21 through 5:00 a.m. on May 31.
The current suspension on flights in Iraq is set to expire at 8:00 p.m. on May 22, but travelers should be prepared that this likely will be extended.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter