Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Baghdad, May 6, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
Two special commercial flights departed Erbil and Baghdad yesterday. The Embassy does not anticipate organizing additional flights. If you are a U.S. citizen and you remain in Iraq, please plan to shelter in place until commercial flights resume. The current suspension on flights in Iraq is set to expire at 8:00 p.m. on May 22.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter