Location: Baghdad, Iraq
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
One commercial flight organized by the U.S. Embassy departed Baghdad on April 2. There is a possible additional flight next week. Tickets would likely cost approximately $3,500.
If you have not yet contacted the U.S. Embassy about flight availability, please fill out the form in the link below so that we would alert you to future flights if available:
If you are still located in Iraq, please be prepared to shelter in place until commercial flights resume.
Actions to Take:
- If you would like to depart Iraq immediately and you have not already done so, please fill out the form in the link below if you are a U.S. citizen wishing to depart on the next available commercial flight.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter