The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
The U.S. Embassy has now e-mailed interested citizens with instructions on how to book flights leaving this week. If you have not yet contacted the U.S. Embassy about flight availability, please fill out the form in the link below:
Please do not fill this form out if you have already sent an email to ErbilACS@state.gov or BaghdadACS@state.gov and have received a confirmation email. Fill out the form only once. Please do not contact the Consulate by phone to confirm your form has been received; we will reply when we have your information.
Information on Flights:
- You must fill out the form in the link above or email us directly to receive flight information.
- Flights are not be free. You will be responsible for booking and paying for all tickets. Commercial estimates for U.S. destinations are in excess of $3,000 per ticket.
- If you cannot afford this cost and need a loan, contact us via e-mail immediately. Loans must be repaid in the United States.
- Flight destinations are very limited. Upon arrival to the United States, passengers will be responsible for their own onward arrangements.
- The Embassy has no control over airline baggage or pet policies.
- The current suspension on all flights to and from Iraq is in effect until April 11, but please note this could be extended. If you choose not to depart when flights are made available, please be prepared to shelter in place until commercial flights resume.
Actions to Take:
- If you would like to depart Iraq immediately and you have not already done so, please fill out the form in the link below if you are a U.S. citizen wishing to depart on the next available commercial flight.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websit eon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter