Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Baghdad, May 7, 2020
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
Qatar Airways is offering one additional flight departing Basrah this week to multiple U.S. destinations. This is not an Embassy-organized flight. For more information and to book a ticket, please visit www.QatarAirways.com.
If you would like to return to the United States on this flight, we urge you to take advantage of this opportunity. We anticipate this flight will sell out – do not wait to book.
The current suspension on flights in Iraq is set to expire at 8:00 p.m. on May 22, but travelers should be prepared that this could be extended.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter