Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Baghdad, April 8, 2020
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
The Iraqi Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Iraq.
One commercial flight organized by the U.S. Embassy departed Baghdad today. There are no special flights expected in the future. U.S. citizens still located in Iraq should be prepared to shelter in place until commercial flights resume. The Embassy will continue to update its website with the latest information on Iraqi restrictions related to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://iq.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Iraq, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Baghdad (public access suspended) or U.S. Consulate Erbil – 413 Ishtar, Ankawa, Erbil, Iraq
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Iraq Country Information
- Iraq Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter