Location: Iraq (countrywide)
The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad has resumed offering routine consular services for U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens in Iraq can now schedule appointments for passport and notary services, or to register their children with a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad or at the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil.
To request an appointment in Baghdad, please send an email to BaghdadACS@state.gov. To request an appointment in Erbil, visit the Consulate General’s website. If your passport has expired or will expire in the next six months, we urge you to renew it in Baghdad or Erbil as soon as possible.
The State Department’s Travel Advisory for Iraq remains at Level 4: Do Not Travel due to terrorism, kidnapping, armed conflict, civil unrest, and the U.S. government’s limited capacity to provide support to U.S. citizens in Iraq. For more information, please visit the Iraq Country Information page on travel.state.gov. Please also review what the U.S. government can and cannot do to assist you in a crisis overseas.
Actions to Take:
- Check the validity of your passport.
- Renew your passport now if it has less than 6 months’ validity.
- Always carry proper identification.
- Have a contingency plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq
- +964-760-030-3000 (from outside Iraq)
- 0760-030-3000 (within Iraq)
- U.S. Consulate General Erbil, Iraq
- +964-66-211-4000 (from outside Iraq)
- 066-211-4000 (within Iraq)