U.S. Mission Iraq has received credible threat information that the Baghdad Mall may be the target of a terrorist attack. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid the Baghdad Mall.
As a reminder, U.S. citizens should maintain a heightened sense of security awareness and take appropriate measures to enhance their personal security at all times when living and working in Iraq.
Please review the “Iraq Travel Warning” posted on the U.S. State Department’s website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/iraq-travel-advisory.html, and remember that U.S. citizens remain at high risk for kidnapping and terrorist violence in Iraq.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Iraq Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Iraq, located on Al-Kindi Street, International Zone, Baghdad, at 0770 443-1286 (+964 770-443-1286 from outside Iraq) 24 hours a day to report an emergency, and 0760-030-4400 (+964 760-030-4400) for pre-recorded information regarding services for U.S. citizens.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.