Emergency Financial Assistance

If you are in the Iraqi Kurdistan Region or seeking services from U.S. Consulate General Erbil, please click here.

If you have extreme destitution that prevents your returning to the U.S., please contact American Citizen Services at BaghdadACS@state.gov for assistance.  The U.S. Embassy may be able to help in some situations.  U.S. citizens should first use all available personal resources and should work with family and friends to find a solution to the financial problem.

Please click here for information on how money can be sent to U.S. citizens abroad.