All first-time passport applicants must appear in person.
If you are a U.S. citizen, age 16 or older, and you have never been issued a U.S. passport, you may apply by submitting the following items:
- Original proof of citizenship (e.g. a U.S. birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Certificate of Naturalization, or a Certificate of Citizenship); and
- One valid form of photo identification (e.g. foreign passport, driver’s license, military ID, etc.); and
- One passport photograph; and
- Completed Form DS-11; and
- Fee of $145, payable in U.S. Dollars, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, Diners Club, or Discover).
American Citizen Services are available by appointment only.
For Baghdad: Please click here to make an appointment.
For Erbil: Please click here to make an appointment.
If you wish to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for your child, you must contact BAGHDADCRBA@state.gov or ErbilACS@State.gov. Do not make an appointment for a passport or you will be turned away.