You may renew your U.S. passport, provided that:
- Your most recent passport was issued within the last 15 years; and
- Your most recent passport was valid for ten years; and
- You were age 16 or older when your most recent passport was issued.
To renew your passport, you must present:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One passport photograph;
- Completed and signed Form DS-82; and
- Fee of $110, payable in U.S. Dollars, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, Diners Club, or Discover).
As a result of the attack on the Embassy in Baghdad in December 2019 and the global pandemic, American Citizen Services are available only on an emergency basis in Erbil. Please email ErbilACS@state.gov to make an appointment.