You may renew your U.S. passport, provided that:
- Your most recent passport was issued within the last 15 years; and
- Your most recent passport was valid for ten years; and
- You were age 16 or older when your most recent passport was issued.
To renew your passport, you must present:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One passport photograph;
- Completed and signed Form DS-82; and
- Fee according to Fee Schedule, payable in U.S. Dollars, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, Diners Club, or Discover).
As a result of the attack on the Embassy in Baghdad in December 2019 and the global pandemic, American Citizen Services are available only in Erbil on a limited basis. Please book an appointment at https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=ERB&appcode=1