If you are applying for a passport for the first time, you will need the following to apply:
- Completed Form DS-11, Application for U.S. Passport. Please complete all white sections of the form legibly and correctly. Please do not sign the form until instructed by the Consular Officer to do so.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: certified birth record or; Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), naturalization certificate, or certificate of citizenship.
- Proof of identity: driver’s license or; state or other photo ID card or; other passport.
- Passport photograph – please provide one color photographs that is: taken within the last 6 months; printed on high quality photographic paper; minimum size 50mm x 50mm (2″ X 2″); facing completely forward (head not turned); on a white background; religious head coverings may cover ears but must stop at the hairline and not obscure the forehead, eyebrows, or cheeks. Glasses may not be worn in the photo.
- Fees – the fee for a passport service requiring Form DS-11 is $135.00 U.S. payable by Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, or MasterCard.