Visa Services at the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil
he Consular Section at the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil only provides nonimmigrant visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period. We do not process official government visas or immigrant visas, including fiancé visas in Erbil.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a nonimmigrant visa , please follow the steps below.
- Fill out the DS-160 for each applicant (including children).
- Obtain a visa appointment
- For non-emergency appointments, please schedule through our online appointment.
- If your situation qualifies for an expedited appointment, please see the instructions below.
*Please note that due to a significant backlog, there may not be appointment slots available when you first try. New appointment slots are opened throughout the week and you should check back in order to obtain an appointment.
3. Please bring the following to your visa interview:
- a MRV fee (visa fee) receipt from the Bank of Baghdad for each applicant
- one 5cm-by-5cm photo for each applicant
- one pre-paid DHL air waybill for your group
NEW VISA APPLICATION FEES EFFECTIVE JUNE 17, 2023
Visa application fees for some kinds of visas are increasing.
EXPEDITED VISA APPOINTMENTS
If your purpose of travel is one of the following categories, you may qualify for an expedited visa appointment.
1. Emergency Travel for Medical Treatment or Death of a Family Member
2. Urgent Travel for Citizens and Residents of Iraq
3. Student (F) and Exchange Visitor (M/J) visas for Citizens and Residents of Iraq
4. ESTA Denials
5. Services on behalf of USCIS
6. Travel for Non-Citizens and Non-Residents of Iraq
Learn more about Expedited Visa Processing HERE.